This advanced Ranorex training course is delivered by experienced Ranorex test automation experts and builds upon the foundation of the Introductory course, providing a deep understanding of object recognition techniques, report customization, and coding with the Ranorex API.
A locally downloaded version of Ranorex is required for each participant. If you do not have one, you may download a trial version here.
Ranorex provides an all-in-one environment for creating and running automated tests for many popular software environments, application frameworks, and mobile devices. It enables teams to set up robust test automation regardless of their programming or scripting experience. Because Ranorex tests applications from a user's perspective, even manual UI testers can take advantage of the power of automated tests. Ranorex offers complete flexibility with code-free testing for non-programmers as well as a professional API for more sophisticated test automation needs.
Learn techniques for fully exploiting the capabilities of the RanoreXPath query language. Practice building path expressions and repository entries to identify objects built in non-traditional, legacy, and custom UI frameworks. Experiment with techniques for optimizing object recognition speed and robustness.
Students will learn:
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Part 1: Review of Ranorex Path Expressions
- Path Syntax Basics
- Repository Structure
- Ranorex Spy
Part 2: Advanced Path Expression Techniques
- ResultSet Selector
- Path Functions
Part 3: Web IDs and Object Recognition
- The special case of HTML IDs
- "Search by unique ID"
- Web Frameworks and ID issues
Part 4: Path Weight Rules
- Understanding the "magic" of Ranorex path generation
- Path generation options
- The path weight table
- Creating a custom path weight rule
Part 5: Object Recognition Issues
- Identifying Instrumentation Problems
- Using the GDI Plugin
- Using Generic Adapters
- Location-Based Recognition
Part 6: Image-Based Recognition
- Image-based repository path expressions
- Image-based validations
- Image Comparison Techniques
Part 7: Custom Reporting and Logging
- Creating Custom Report Templates
- Making Layout Changes
- Customizing Report Content
Part 8: User Code Actions
- Code Generation for Recording Modules
- Accessing Repository Objects
- Using the Info Object
- Referencing .Net Libraries
Part 9: Code Modules
- Required components of a Ranorex module
- Creating an empty module
- Best practices for coding modules
- How to avoid writing code
Part 10: Module Libraries
- Importing modules from other projects
- Creating a module library project
- Referencing external repositories
- Who should attend
This course is for the advanced Ranorex user, in particular those who need to learn the more technical aspects of Ranorex test development. All participants should have experience with the material and techniques covered in the Basic Ranorex course.
- Test Automation Engineers
- Software Engineers in Testing
- QA Automation Engineers
- Full Stack Developers
The coding exercises demand a basic level of .Net programming expertise. Participants should be able to write simple functions in C# or VB.Net and have some familiarity with how to build .Net applications.